Aloe Vera gel is used in traditional Indian and Chinese medicine. It’s used for constipation, skin diseases, worm infestation, infections and as a natural remedy for colic. It is also often recommended in the treatment of fungal diseases, and in the Western world, it has found widespread use in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries.
Aloe Vera gel produces two substances for medicine:
1) The Gel: Obtained from the center of the leaf
2) The Latex: obtained from the cells beneath the leaf skin
The gel can be used to treat burns, sunburn, frostbite, cold sores, psoriasis, and can be used to treat bowel diseases, fever, itching, osteoarthritis, and most importantly inflammation.
Aloe as a natural remedy can also be used for asthma, diabetes, stomach ulcers and can even sooth side effects from radiation treatment.
The great thing about the latex is that it can naturally treat depression, constipation and diabetes.
Aloe Vera contains a number of vitamins and minerals which include:
– Minerals: calcium, copper, selenium, chromium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, sodium and zinc
– aloin and emodin, which act as analgesics, antibacterials and antivirals.
– Vitamins: A, C, E, Vitamin B12
– Folic acid, choline
– enzymes, including aliiase, alkaline phosphatase, amylase, bradykinase, carboxypeptidase, catalase, cellulase, lipase and peroxidase
– fatty acids: including cholesterol, campesterol, beta-sisosterol and lupeol
So how will Aloe Vera really help?
1) Soothes rashes and skin irritations
2) Treat Burns
3) Heals Cold Sores
4) Moisturizes Hair and Scalp
5) Boosts Immune System
6) Treats Diabetes
7) Helps with Digestion
8) Treats Constipation
9) Provides Antioxidants and Reduces Inflammation
How to get an Aloe Vera plant?
Buy a potted plant, keep it in a window that gets a good amount of sunshine because aloes love the sun. The all natural organic way.