Bladder Infections…the worst. So uncomfortable and it can really effect your day. What is it? A bladder infection happens when it gets infected with bacteria (which can sometimes happen considering where our woman organ parts are located). When this happens in leads to the frequent and urgent need to pee, sometimes dealing with a burning or pain sensation.
There are also other factors that can contribute to a bladder infection: when the immune system is low, poor diet, stress, intercourse, pregnancy or injury.
If anything, do NOT take antibiotics to heal your bladder infection. There are ways to heal this naturally and the antibiotics will only weaken and kill the healthy bacteria you have in your system.
Avoid: Sugar, Salt, Processed and Refined Foods
The main focus to remedy the situation is to build up and strengthen the body’s immune system and increasing urine to flush out our system.
- Drinking A LOT of water to increase urine output
- Cranberry Juice, unsweetened- studies have shown it appears cranberry juice has the effect of preventing bacteria from clinging to the lining of the bladder
- Blueberry Juice
- Foods that increase production of urine (usually have high water content): watermelon, celery, parsley, cabbage
- Vitamin C
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC OIL OF OREGA– antibacterial/anti fungal effects (it has a very strong taste, ill add drops to a smaller separate glass of a smoothie)
- Vitamin A
- Essential Oils – Best to add a few drops to the bath:
- Aura Cacia Coop Lavender Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Oil