Eczema: Essentially, it is sensitive skin. It doesn’t function like regular skin because of its weakened ability to retain moisture and keep toxins out which causes the dry and itchiness. People can have eczema in different places on their body and some people only get it in one particular spot.
Living with eczema can be a CONSTANT frustration (especially if it acts up a lot).
Unfortunately, it is be hereditary so if parents suffered from it there is a chance it will be passed on to their child. Though its hereditary, it can be caused for many other different reasons like:
- Allergic response – in this case if you remove the irritant it should go away. The irritant possibilities are endless but they can include
- Dry air
- Synthetic fibers
- Lotion/ face cream
- Stress – aggravates the condition
- Food and Diet. Common triggers include:
- Citrus Fruits
- Additives- cause a toxic internal environment
- Deficient immune system
- Candidiasis (parasite)
- Low essential fatty acids
- Nutritional deficiency
- Poor digestion
A lot of people tend to treat eczema with Vaseline which isn’t the greatest idea. Check out our previous Vaseline Post that’s short and sweet to learn how its harming you more than helping you. There are a lot of products on the market that advertise themselves to be “Natural” “Healthy” “Organic” and “Good for Sensitive Skin” but when you break it down and read the ingredients you learn that it really isn’t that natural and healthy for you. (If you want some guided help on reading products labels to help you make the best informed decisions when shopping for your skin and body check out the Services page on the website under Pillow Talk to learn how you can get that!)
A big part of helping treat Eczema is in the DIET. Its going to help with your symptoms by building and strengthening the immune system while helping it rid of the toxins. Often when our bodies aren’t able to expel the toxins, the body still tries to get rid of them and it will do so which ever way it can… and if its not through the back end, often its through the skin.
Beneficial changes to your diet include:
- Flax Seed- has essential fatty acid
- DRINK MORE WATER- this is primary. The best way flush toxins out of the body is by drinking more water. Remove juice and milk from your diet and stick to only drinking water. You will see and feel the amazing changes. Water is also key in helping with constipation which is another form of toxins being stuck in your body.
- Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds
- Whole Grains
- Fruits (aim for non citrus)
- Vegetables (fiber will help with digestion). Try leafy greens raw or lightly cooked.
- Try a 1-3 day juice cleanse to see if it will help with detox and nutritional deficiency. Check out the Fasting Post on the benefits and strategy around fasting.
- Burdock Root- Dr. Sebi approved as electrifying alkaline!
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Red Clover- you can find it ground up and use it to steep in your tea
Calendula is an amazing natural wax that has antiseptic properties that heals broken skin. Check out our Shop Page where you can find our deodorant that contains calendula wax but the deodorant isn’t just a deodorant, it can be used anywhere on the skin!
If you need some help on looking for products to use on your skin that you trust check out our Shop Page. Every single product used contains natural, organic and vegan ingredients that will hydrate and nurture the skin. Its cruelty free and hand made. They will help treat eczema AS WELL AS skin redness, dryness, acne, dark circles, wrinkles and more.