If you like warm and creamy beverages, this is for you. This drink is often consumed at night, before bed time and is compact with so many health benefits! That’s because the main component to this is turmeric.
- Dairy free milk: coconut or almond
- Pepper (small amount to help with turmeric absorption)
You can ADD:
- A sweetener: maple syrup or coconut oil or coconut sugar
For every 2 cups of milk you can add 1 tsp of turmeric, add the other ingredients to your liking.
Be aware the colour of turmeric will stain whatever you put it on, be mindful when you use it.
Place all ingredients in any pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes and stir.
Then bring down the heat for only 1-2 minutes to simmer just to ensure the ingredients to take effect (but this is optional)
(you can store in the fridge for 1-2 days)
- Helps immune system
- Helps digestion
- Helps liver function
- Helps inflammation
- Helps build antioxidants and combat free radicals
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis
- Having turmeric can have positive effects on the brain: it helps boost Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor which is a gene of the brain. According to a journal in the National Center for Biotechnology Information: BDNF appears to have a role in learning and memory function.
- Helps Fight Cancer: According to journal in NCBI: Curcumin (main component of turmeric) influences the growth of tumor cells by slowing it down