They hold many qualities like the big and bright sun they got their name from. Sunflowers are bright and vibrant and they are known to uplift and brighten people’s moods based on their features. They also represent longevity and loyalty.
As sunflowers grow throughout the day, their heads start off early morning facing the sun when it’s rising and follow its track from east to west throughout the day. they are deeply connected to the sun.
Sunflowers provide a number of health benefits for people including the oil they produce. Sunflower oil works as a healthy alternative to many other vegetable/cooking oils on the market.
Benefits of sunflower oil:
- Contains a number of vitamins and minerals: calcium, iron, vitamin A, D and E.
- The vitamin E is an antioxidant which helps fight against free radicals in the body. Free radicals can alter proteins, DNA and trigger a number of diseases if not properly balanced with antioxidants.
- The vitamin E also improves the skins health while keeping it better protected from the damages of the sun.
- Contains Omega fatty acids
- Made up of unsaturated fat rather than saturated fat which can help reduce cholesterol and heart disease
- Anti Inflammatory qualities that come from its vitamins
Even though some of our climates might be changing and preparing for the winter we should still consider and incorporate sunflowers and their benefits into our lives!