We are more aligned with nature than we think!
This amazing fruit has a number of health benefits and is also used as an ingredient to nourish and strengthen hair and skin!
- Vitamin B5, C, E, K
Avocados also help with antioxidant absorption.
Avocados are fatty fruits but rich in healthy fats! More than half contains monounsaturated fats also found in olive oil.
The best time to have an avocado is when it is ripe and soft. When you squeeze the outside of the fruit it should move and make an imprint, if it feels hard it isn’t ready to eat. Many avocado eaters know this fruit doesn’t need much time before it starts browning! That’s just how it goes. If you cut open an avocado and only decide to use a half, be ready to see brown spots when you come back to the other half. (Squeezing the juice of a lime on an avocado helps slow down the browning process)
Ways to have avocado:
- Main ingredient of guacamole
- As a spread on toast (avocado toast)
- Sliced up and added to a sandwich or salad
- Add to a smoothie
- Ingredient in hair mask (mix with some coconut and olive oil and leave in hair for 10-15 mins)
- Grate the pit of the avocado- the pit of this also has a nutritional richness that many of us just thrown away!