Quinoa is a great super food and low in calories, 1 cup contains 222 cals. Quinoa is versatile and easy to incorporate in your diet! Easily substitute rice or pasta for a cup of quinoa. Have fun making meals with quinoa, comment below your favourite meals.
Contains 9 essential amino acids
- Gluten free
- High fiber – can help with constipation and reduce high blood pressure
- Potassium – works as an electrolyte and helps regulate the nerves, muscles and blood pressure
- Protein- needed to build and repair tissues, bones, skin and more. Also contained in hair and nails
- Calcium – needed for the optimal health of our bones, muscles, teeth, gums and nerves
- Vitamin E- fights free radicals, repairs damaged skin and balances hormones.
- Phosphorus- helps maintain strong bones and cognitive function while balancing the body’s pH levels and improving digestion.
- B vitamins – helps improve brain and muscle cells
- Iron – helps carry oxygen from the from cell to cell and all over the body including the brain
- Magnesium – relaxes muscles and helps with migraines
- Antioxidants – works to prevent disease by combating free radicals